Nothing beats the relaxing feeling of sinking into the most comfortable recliner chair after a long exhausting day. Whether you just got home from work or cleaned the entire house, having a recliner is simply a great investment. Recliner chairs provide more comfort compared with regular chairs since its backrest and footrest can be adjusted to different levels. Depending on the level of comfort you want, there are various recliners that can suit your needs. Some recliners may offer a fixed fully reclined position while others can offer different reclining angles. But as long as you know what to consider when buying, it’ll be easier to find the most comfortable recliner chair.
Top Most Comfortable Recliner Chair 2019
Ashley Furniture Hogan Signature Design Recliner Chair (Editors Choice)
Perfect as the Editor’s Choice and a new addition to your living room or huge bedroom, this recliner sure is big. Ideal for those who are over 6 ft. tall, this chair has enough back and head support for additional comfort. Though it is a little bulky, you can count on its overstuffed cushioning for a few hours of relaxing moments. It can even accommodate 2 children or small adults without feeling too snug.
It has soft and plush upholstery that seems really inviting and cozy. Moreover, it requires 3 inches distance between the recliner and wall when fully reclined and stretched with 68 inches length.
Features and Specifications:
- Weighs 136.8 pounds with 300 pounds weight capacity and 59 x 44 x 41 inches product dimension
- Contemporary design with clean lines comes in a soft mocha beige color
- Attached seat, back, and armrest cushions contain thick foam paddings
- Thick poly fiber wraps its high resiliency foam cushions
- Pull tab reclining mechanism offers a seamless operation anytime you want to adjust its backrest to a reclining position
- Soft polyester microfiber upholstery covers the entire recliner chair to provide a soothing comfort
- Blocked frame with a metal reinforced seat guarantees its sturdy construction
When it comes to recliner chairs that are reliable and functional, this model from Ashley Furniture is a nice pick. It has a contemporary design that can easily match with contemporary interiors and create a cozy aura. One look at this recliner chair and we can guarantee that is as inviting as a cozy bed. As our Editor’s Choice, this is a must-have for an affordable price.
- Comfortable to use for long hours
- Easy to assemble and operate with its manual pull tab mechanism
- Perfect as an ultimate lounge chair with its overstuffed seat, back, and arm cushions
- Designed with a soft and neutral color that brings a cozy feeling to any room
- A little expensive
- The seat and armrest lose its shape after long hours of use over time
- May smell of wood odor which requires an odor eliminator spray
Homegear Recliner Chair
If you are looking for a chair that has a reclining and a massage feature, then try this Homegear model. Compared with other recliner chairs on the market, this one stands out for its additional feature for additional comfort. Let it pamper you whenever you want a full body massage in the comfort of your home. It offers multiple pouches in front and on both sides to store your favorite items to keep while relaxing. You can even keep your favorite books/magazines in its pouches then grab them once you’re in the mood of reading. It is also operated by remote control which is really great.
Features and Specifications:
- Weighs 99 pounds with 485 pounds weight capacity and 34 x 30 x 30.5 inches product dimension
- Leatherette finish that gives it a stylish look that is soft to touch and easy to wipe clean
- 8 point electric massage system with heated lumbar region option makes this a multi-functional recliner chair
- Offers a full 360° swivel feature and multiple massage modes with body selection and different levels of intensity on settings
- Built-in 2 cup holders, 2 front storage pouches, and 2 side storage pouches
- Wired remote control allows you to control its reclining angle and massage settings without a hassle
When aesthetic look and functionality are combined well, this is what can look like. From its overall design and features, we love how it performs from its reclining option to its massage settings. It is what we all need after having a long day thanks to its major features and additional lumbar support. We also love the fact that it can face any direction without lifting it since it swivels in full 360°.
- Provides a full body massage without an additional cost
- Stylish and easy to clean to maintain its beauty
- Customizable massage settings include a 3 timer settings
- Easy to point into different directions with its swivel feature
- Offers more pouch storage for drinks, magazines, books, other small items
- The middle part of the backrest lacks enough cushions for comfort
- The leg rest is a little stubborn to return in its original position
Giantex Manual Recliner Chair (Best Budget Pick)
When all you need is a recliner chair that can fit in your small budget, this is the Best Budget Pick. This recliner chair form Giantex is one of the most affordable models out there that combines functionality and affordability. It is perfect for watching TV, reading, playing video games, or simply relaxing for a few hours. It features a steel mechanism and cushioned seating to ensure your comfort. Its clean arm is designed with the push back recliner mechanism that adjusts it into 3 reclining positions.
Features and Specifications:
- 250 pounds weight capacity with solid heavy-duty iron pipe construction that guarantees its durability
- 64 2/5 x 25 3/5 x 32 inches open dimension and 35 4/5 x 25 3/5 x 39 ¾ inches close dimension
- Contemporary design with black PU leather upholstery gives it a sleek look
- Foldable leg rest design provides additional leg support and comfort
- Padded neck, loin, and backrest with thick sponge foam helps decrease pressure on the back and neck while relaxing
- Steel mechanism ensures the reliability of its manually operated push back reclining feature
Aside from being the Best Budget Pick in this list, we also consider this as the most compact recliner chair. It can easily fit in compact or small living rooms and bedrooms since it is narrower than regular recliner chairs. We also like its contemporary design with stylish PU leather finish that can enhance the room’s interior.
- Ideal for reading, watching TV, and taking naps with 100° to 140° reclining levels
- Requires 5 inches distance only between the chair and wall when reclined slightly to watch TV
- Compact and easy to fit in small rooms after a quick assemble
- Great for theater rooms and game rooms
- The armrest is a little low and weak as it is made from thin wood
- The legs may leave scratches on your floor when moving it
Baby Relax Mikayla Swivel Gliding Recliner
Just when you needed a chair that offers 3 functions this might be the perfect pick. This advanced chair from Baby Relax is definitely one of the most relaxing chairs for nursing mothers. This way, you can hold and take care of your baby even for an extended time without getting tired easily. Instead of holding your baby and swaying a bit to put him/her to sleep, you can simply sit here. Recline, swivel, or glide a bit while enjoying the chair’s comfort. It’s so handy that even babysitting dads or elders can take advantage of this 3-in-1 chair.
Features and Specifications:
- Weighs 89 pounds with 225 pounds weight capacity and 41.75 x 30 x 37 inches product dimension
- Nursery swivel gliding and reclining features make it a multi-functional chair that is perfect for nursing mothers
- Track arm and welt trim design with button tufting on the backrest gives it an elegant look
- Enclosed ball bearing mechanism allows its rotating and gliding features to function smoothly
- Linen upholstery wraps its heavy-duty frame construction
- Requires minimal assembly which takes only a few minutes
- Easy to clean with its linen upholstery
- Available in different colors and choices of fabric
- Supported by a spring core seat with foam cushions
- The armrest is a little lower to provide additional support for breastfeeding mothers
- Needs more padding on back and armrest for comfort
Dorel Living Padded Dual Massage Recliner
If you are looking for another recliner chair that offers an additional function, this one from Dorel will do. It offers a massage and rocking function which makes it more comfortable to sit on even if you’re doing nothing. It also has a lever release that you can easily pull to lift the leg rest. Moreover, this padded massage recliner chair provides a therapeutic relief using a dual-powered massager. Thus, you can enjoy that whole body relief while getting rid of your body pains and aches.
Features and Specifications:
- Weighs 77 pounds with 225 pounds weight capacity and 40 x 41 x 36 inches product dimension
- Massaging spots in the seat and backrest operate together or separately
- Lever release adjusts its reclining back in different angles
- Fully upholstered recliner massage and rocker chair with extra knees and legs support
- The cozy seat provides comfort with sewn-in seat and back paddings
- Wired remote control allows hassle-free customization of its massage, rocker, and reclining levels
- Requires minimal assembly
- Zone massage function can be changed from low – high in settings
- Easy to control with a wired remote control
- Hassle-free to wipe clean with a wet cloth
- Not ideal for a big man over 6 feet since it’s too narrow and low
- The bottom part creates a squeaking sound
Things to Consider Before Buying a Most Comfortable Recliner
Ever since recliners were introduced on the market, its popularity became widely known in different parts of the world. Each furniture manufacturers started introducing its trademark when it comes to creating the most comfortable recliner chair. Some are designed to be compact while others are too bulky but offers a top-notch cushioning. Some recliner chairs also offer more features than its competitors so be sure to know what to consider when buying:
- Types of Recliner Chairs
First things first, there are different types of recliners to consider. A rocker recliner chair, for instance, allows you to recline and rock your chair at the same time. This is ideal for those who have trouble sleeping since its rocking motion can make them sleepy. Nursing mothers can also find this handy when putting their baby to sleep or simply calming them. But if you have limited space, a wall hugger recliner chair can be a great choice. This allows you to sit straight to help you get up from the reclining position with less effort. You can also opt for a lift recliner that provides additional support when getting up from a reclined position. Thus, it is ideal for elders who struggle in sitting and standing due to their weak back and knees. In addition, you can also opt for a massage recliner massages your body from head to toe. This way, you can get a full body massage anytime from the comfort of your home
Consider how much space you have to fit in a recliner chair. This includes measuring your allotted space wherever you want to put it as well as the recliner chair’s size itself. Take note that recliner chairs require more space since it should have enough space to recline its backrest. Most models even include a leg rest that lift as the back reclines in different angles. Regardless, its size should offer enough space to let you sit comfortably and stretch your legs.
Since there are tons of options on the market, it’s also important to consider the design that fits your needs. Some designs may look the same but differ in materials and quality. You can find a design that fits your needs as well as your room’s interior. Whether you’re looking for a compact or a bulky recliner chair, there’s always a product that can match your taste. You can narrow down your search by determining first whether you want a modern or classic design. A classic design is great if your interior has a classic vibe and the same goes with modern recliner chairs. Regardless, never disregard its quality and lifespan so you can guarantee that you’ll be able to use it for years.
Though recliner chairs are generally more comfortable, its level of comfort still varies. However, it should have a proper fit to guarantee comfort otherwise it’s just a waste of your money. Basically, the cost of recliner chairs hikes up the more comfort and support it provides so check its cushioning materials. Consider if the level of comfort it provides is enough to cushion your body even after long hours of sitting/reclining.
When you’ve already considered all the given points above, don’t forget to check its durability. It is sturdy enough to carry your weight and your partner without breaking in half? Can its reclining mechanism allow a seamless operation or does it require an extra muscle to be adjusted? To ensure your chair’s durability, make sure that it is made from high-quality materials.
There you have it. Now that you already know the things to consider when buying the most comfortable recliner chair, you’re good to go. It will be easier for you to find the best recliner chair that first your style, needs, and home interior. You can even make sure that it will last for years to give you comfort through this guide. Regardless of its size, color, style, and type, it should provide you with enough support whether you want to sit, recline, or lie down on it. Most importantly, never sacrifice the chair’s quality over its price even if you’re tempted to buy a cheap product.