If you want to have the best home entertainment center for yourself and your friends, we would recommend a subwoofer so that you have full sound to offer if you are heating up the dance floor or pumping out your own music. You’ll be amazed at the difference it makes.
After conducting multiple tests and researching actual customer reviews, we have chosen to highlight 6 budget friendly subwoofers in this review to help you narrow down your search. Audio and bass quality, craftsmanship, durability, efficiency, and cost are the factors we used as a basis to come up with that conclusion. Below are our top 6 picks for the best subwoofers that are under $1000:
6 Top Picks for Subwoofers Under 1000
#1. SVS PB-1000 Subwoofer Editor’s Choice
If you are looking for the perfect subwoofer to use for home entertainment, the PB-1000 is our top pick for many good reasons. This subwoofer not only offers a reasonable price, but it also delivers an exceptional sound that is not muddy or boomy. This subwoofer is crafted using premium-quality components and is skillfully engineered with the use and reference of extensive research. The PB-1000 is guaranteed to deliver top-of-the-line sound experience and utmost reliability through years of use. When you play music or watch movies with the PB-1000, you can expect to get a fuller and richer sound. Moreover, this subwoofer will surely bring every gaming experience onto the next level.
- Crafted with high-quality components and skillful engineering
- Comes with a high-output 10-inch driver
- Features sledge amplification with 300W RMS and 700W max
- Offers accurate driver control and precise frequency response
- Features cutting-edge DSP for seamless integration of all speakers
- Black-ash finish
- Comes with a custom-tuned cabinet that is rigidly braced and sonically inert
- Compact: features under 18.5-inch dimensions on all sides
- Weighs 46 pounds
- Able to start and pause speedily with exceptional precision
- Delivers clean, powerful, and deep bass with minimal distortion
- Offers accurate and smooth performance on movies and music
- Provides a sleek and sophisticated look
- Easy to integrate into any living space
Our Thoughts on the SVS PB-1000
Just like with many satisfied customers, we agree that this product is definitely worth the investment. This subwoofer delivers top-quality sound which makes every listening experience epic. Aside from the good quality of music, it also looks sleek and stylish. The affordable price tag is also a great bonus.
- This subwoofer delivers a fuller and cleaner sound.
- The driver produces epic bass with very minimal distortion.
- The PB-1000 offers a sleek and compact design, which makes it easy to integrate into any space.
- It’s Sledge STA300D system ensures rigid driver control and clear-cut frequency response.
- Since it doesn’t give a muddy or boomy sound, it is perfect for playing movies and video gaming.
- This subwoofer is engineered with premium-quality materials.
- The PB-1000 is relatively affordable.
- For a 10-inch driver, this subwoofer is quite heavy and large.
- Although it delivers excellent sound, it is not the loudest subwoofer.
#2. Monolith THX Ultra-Powered Subwoofer (Alternative Pick)
When it comes to subwoofers that offer excellent bass output, minimal distortion, and affordable price points, the Monolith THX Ultra-Powered subwoofer is one we believe makes the cut. The THX engineers have conducted multiple tests to ensure optimum audio performance. The chest-thumping bass of this subwoofer makes it perfect for all home entertainment activities such as playing music, movie streaming, and video gaming. Its amplifier also comes with substantial power reserves to ensure accurate and powerful bass output. Therefore, you always get an epic listening experience. Lastly, this subwoofer also features a dual-aluminum shorting ring that is used to cancel any eddy currents, stabilize the magnetic flux, and minimize distortion.
- Comes in three sizes; 10, 12, and 15 inches
- Crafted by THX-certified engineers
- Has undergone and completed multiple scientific tests to ensure optimal quality
- Comes with a dual-aluminum shorting ring that cancels eddy currents, stabilizes the magnetic flux and lowers distortion
- Delivers powerful, chest-thumping bass output with low distortion
- Offers highly-accurate and deep bass for music and home theater systems
- It produces cinema-level volume.
- Ideal for medium-sized rooms.
- It comes with a cabinet made from HDF material.
- The cabinet provides extensive internal-bracing and is equipped with a single port.
- It comes with a 500-Watt amplifier.
- The amplifier’s functions are monitored.
- The amplifier comes with substantial power reserves.
Our Thoughts on the Monolith THX Subwoofer
If you are looking for a subwoofer that will shake your house up while still delivering exceptional audio, we suggest you check the Monolith THX. This subwoofer is an excellent addition to your already existing home theater and sound system. Whether you’re listening to music, streaming a movie, or having some epic gaming marathon with your family and friends, this subwoofer is something you can rely on.
- The Monolith subwoofer delivers a clean sound with cinema-level volume.
- This subwoofer has gone through numerous tests so durability and performance are guaranteed.
- Since its amplifier comes with vast power reserves, bass output is always accurate and robust.
- With its dual-aluminum shorting ring, eddy currents are eliminated, the magnetic flux is stabilized while distortion is kept low.
- This top-quality subwoofer comes at an affordable price.
- This subwoofer is very large and quite heavy so moving it can be quite challenging.
- Setting it up can take a while.
#3. Klipsch R-115SW Subwoofer (Luxury Pick)
Exclusive technologies, luxurious build, design, and epic performance all combined into one. The Klipsch R-115SW is a subwoofer we highly recommend for those who want one that can deliver excellent audio and a sleek and splendid design at a surprisingly affordable price. The R-115SW offers acoustically-perfected craftsmanship making it suitable for high-performance audio configurations at home. This fancy subwoofer features a black cabinet and copper cerametallic woofers which makes it easy to integrate into any living space. This subwoofer comes with a powerful, heart-pounding bass that packs a punch and will shake your whole house.
- It comes with a 15-inch copper cerametallic woofer.
- Its digital amplifier delivers 800 watts of power.
- The purchase includes with LFE, RCA, L/R line-level inputs.
- It offers a low passover and modifiable phase control.
- It has with a front-firing channel port with an internal flare system
- Features a brushed-black veneer cabinet with a satin-painted plinth
- Features a low-pass crossover and a changeable phase control
- Offers an acoustically fulfilled design of copper and black that is easy to integrate into any living space
- Delivers the perfect combination of power, cutting-edge and heart-pounding bass
- Produces ground-shaking volume that is accurate and clean
- Ideal and compatible for top-performance home audio system configurations
Our Thoughts on the Klipsch R-115SW Subwoofer
The Klipsch R-115SW is at the top of our list subwoofers for many good reasons. It delivers beautiful sound, heart-pounding bass, sophisticated design, and reliable craftsmanship at an affordable price. If you are on the lookout for a subwoofer that will give you top-notch audio experience and would also make an excellent focal point in your living space, the R-115SW is one you need to check out.
- It offers a sleek and luxurious design.
- This subwoofer delivers excellent audio and an ultra-powerful bass.
- Its digital amplifier provides substantial power with exceptional efficiency.
- The internal-flare system ensures minimal distortion at low frequencies.
- The low-pass crossover and changeable phase control allow you to combine the low-frequency tones of this subwoofer with the other speakers from Klipsch.
- This subwoofer is large and dense, which makes it challenging to move around.
- As it is a massive subwoofer, it will take up a significant amount of space.
#4. KRK 12S V2 Studio Subwoofer (Studio Pick)
KRK is well-known for providing top-quality sound systems, and the 12S V2 studio subwoofer is one of them. This custom-made subwoofer delivers exceptionally tight and detailed bass. Additionally, its Class D amplifier increases the bass’s transient response, punch, and control. This subwoofer features integrated MDF enclosures for ultimate strength and reliability. Its front port is also engineered to provide an extension of low frequency while decreasing boundary coupling. Moreover, the dedicated crossover filter ensures the subwoofer complements to existing monitors. Lastly, the KRK 12S V2 offers clean and powerful bass output, which is significantly essential in studios. We believe you’ll get a good bang for your buck with this one if you are looking for the perfect subwoofer to use in a studio.
- Comes with a 12-inch woofer
- Offers a bass extension to 26 Hertz with a maximum SPL of 119 decibel
- Comes with a foot switch control and a crossover filter
- Features a curved-shape design with a front-firing port for the bass
- Weighs 66.5 lbs
- Offers universal connectivity: 1/4 TRS, RCA, and XLR inputs and outputs
- Comes with input and polarity sensitivity controls
- This studio subwoofer delivers clean audio and powerful bass.
- Its Class D amplifier ensures increased bass transient response, punch, and control.
- The subwoofer’s MDF enclosure ensures reliability and durability.
- Its crossover filter allows the subwoofer to complement existing monitors.
- This top-of-the-line studio subwoofer is relatively affordable.
- The automatic power shutdown threshold cannot be adjusted.
#5. Sonos Sub Wireless Subwoofer (Wireless Pick)
Experience next-level listening experience by wirelessly connecting with the Sonos Sub wireless subwoofer. This subwoofer offers clean and exceptionally detailed audio that fills up the room. This wireless subwoofer connects with your existing home theater and sound systems over WiFi. You’ll be able to listen to music and experience cinema-level movie streaming at home effortlessly. Lastly, the two-speaker driver of this subwoofer faces inwards to ensure the delivery of pure and powerful bass without any buzz, vibration, or rattle.
- Wireless subwoofer
- Connects with other devices through WiFi
- Can be positioned upright, placed on its side, or be tucked under the sofa
- Comes with a two-speaker driver
- Since it is wireless, you can easily connect it with your existing sound systems.
- This subwoofer delivers clean and chest-thumping sound.
- It delivers pure bass without vibration or buzz.
- It is significantly more affordable compared with other wireless subwoofers.
- The Sonos Sub App interface is not very user-friendly.
- With high sound volume, this subwoofer can sound boomy and muddy.
#6. Yamaha NS-SW300PN Subwoofer
When it comes to top-quality audio devices and tools, Yamaha is undeniably one of the biggest names on the market. The Yamaha NS-SW300PN Subwoofer delivers not only a sophisticated look but also outstanding audio quality. The NS-SW300PN comes with Yamaha’s Twisted-Flare-Port technology, which helps reduce noise due to air turbulence, therefore reproducing accurate and clean low frequency. The gently twisted and flared shape of this subwoofer diffuses the flow of the air through the port evenly. Lastly, the in-built amplifier in this subwoofer delivers a consistent power output of 250W, which is highly efficient and minimizes heat production and power consumption.
- Offers Yamaha’s Twisted-Flare-Port Technology
- In-built high-efficiency amplifier
- 10-inch woofer
- The control panel is on the front for easy navigation
- Comes with automatic power standby and switch control
- It produces clean and powerful bass.
- It works well with home entertainment systems.
- Very easy to navigate since the control panel is on the front.
- Great value for the money.
- It delivers excellent audio quality, but it can be louder.
Subwoofers Under $1000: Things You Should and Shouldn’t Expect
Based on the product reviews above, you can find outstanding subwoofers without spending over a thousand dollars. With all the new models being introduced on the market these days, spending a hefty amount of cash for a good sub is not necessary anymore. If you are planning to invest in a subwoofer that costs under a grand, here are a few things you should and shouldn’t expect.
The majority of subwoofer models under $1000 tend to focus more on design and craftsmanship. They may have unique exteriors, sophisticated color combinations of the cabinet and woofer, and they may also have a couple of handy features such as wireless connectivity.
Style Over Quality
Although most subs in this price point deliver exceptional audio quality, some models that focus more on style and design may stay behind in terms of overall sound quality. This is because the manufacturers may put most of their efforts on the sub’s look as a lot of consumers nowadays are on the lookout for a model that would make an excellent addition to their home’s interiors.
Quality Versus Quantity
More often than not, most sub-models under $1000 offer quality beyond its price. For example, the excellent subwoofers we reviewed in this article deliver top-notch performance similar to models that cost thousands of dollars.
Onto the manufacturer’s warranty, some subwoofers may not offer an extended period of coverage compared to the more expensive models. The length of the warranty period depends on how reliable the sub is and how confident the manufacturer is in its product.
Weight and size
In terms of size and weight, many subwoofers that cost below $1000 are significantly larger and heavier. This is because most subs with this price point require external power for them to work. Subwoofers that need external power have significant drivers so they need larger cabinets too. On the other hand, it doesn’t mean you will only get huge subs if your budget is under one grand. If you are wise and adventurous enough, you can find subwoofers in this price point that are already internally powered.
Although distortion is mostly common with lower-tier models, it can also happen to higher-end models, and it is mainly caused by background connections, inappropriate subwoofer location, and more. Therefore, regardless of what price point you will be buying, know that distortion can still be an issue.
If you want to get an exceptional audio experience at home with your existing home theater and sound system, then you should invest in a good subwoofer. A subwoofer takes movie streaming or music playing to a different level through the punches and the thumps it gives. Moreover, highlighted above are the things you need to know about subwoofers that cost under $1000. By considering our guide, we believe that you can change the way you do home entertainment.