5 Best Mattress Toppers For Hip Pain 2022 Reviews
Having quality sleep is one of the biggest necessities to lead a happy lifestyle. For those dealing with chronic pain, quality sleep can seem elusive. Here comes a mattress topper that will put an end to your frantic search for restful nights. A mattress topper acts as a big support to one’s back and hips, thereby relieving joint pains and helping one to sleep better. These mattress toppers are usually made of high quality foam of high density and thickness, giving proper support and comfort.
If you are planning to add a mattress topper to your bed, we have gathered a list of recommendations and reviews. For this review, we considered what real customers had to say about the materials, the technology used, comfort and firmness levels, durability, and more.
5 Best Mattress Toppers For Hip Pain
#1. Cloud9 Gel 3 Inch 100% Gel Infused Visco Elastic Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Forget those hot and humid nights as Cloud9 Gel brings an amazing mattress topper equipped with cooling comfort technology. Available in diverse sizes, it includes good quality memory foam that assures restful sleep and painless hours for users. Designed to bring relief to aching pressure points, this mattress topper will let you have the coziest slumbers you have ever imagined.
Features and Specifications:
- Equipped with cooling comfort technology with the promise to let one sleep in comfort
- Top quality Visco elastic memory foam has been used to add more comfort and coziness to the user
- Sleeping on this mattress topper will not result in tossing and turning
- Distribution of weight makes one’s sleep as peaceful as possible
- Manufactured with a Featherlight formula to relieve the pressure on your back
- Designed to eliminate hip and back pain completely
- Good for people who are aged and looking for relief against joint pains
- Acquires cracks in the middle after using for a few months
- May cause users to sweat.
#2. Nature’s Sleep Cool IQ 2.5 Inch Thick
Nature’s Sleep brings you a very stylish, safe, and high-quality mattress topper that will now help you get rid of your insomnia. With a thickness of 2.5 inches, it comes with the visco-elastic technology that makes it feel lighter. The foam used here is extremely soft and enhances airflow to make the material breathable. This produces a cooling sensation for the user, making him/her sleep in bliss. The memory foam, moreover, is anti-microbial, hypoallergenic, and anti-bacterial to conform to its safety standards.
Features and Specifications:
- A mattress topper of high thickness and density that also stands out in terms of quality and longevity
- A modern microfiber cover has been provided that slides well over the mattress topper to offer good support
- Cover included is not only washed easily but also hypoallergenic
- Safety is no question as this mattress topper has zero emissions, keeping the environment safe.
- Approximate weight of 28.6 pounds
- Environmentally friendly and does not include emissions that will cause harm
- Memory foam scores high in both thickness and density
- The material is not that good and contains brown stains
- Sometimes smells bad which makes it difficult for the user to sleep
#3. ViscoSoft 3.5 lbs. Density 3-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
If you are looking for solutions that would better your sleeping conditions for the rest of your life, think no more and bring home this ViscoSoft mattress topper. Designed for various bed sizes, it uses gel-infused memory foam that will eliminate all your body heat by optimizing airflow to a good extent. Its 3-inch density along with its ventilated design will keep the sleeping conditions cool, relieve the pressure points and protect you from letting you sink into the foam. Being unquestionably breathable, it allows for a natural sleeping position and will never let you sweat.
Features and Specifications:
- Memory foam used to make this mattress topper is gel-infused to keep the user cool and comfortable
- Built with a 3-inch high-density foam that takes care of your spine and lets one get rid of common pressure points
- Comes with a machine washable cover
- Made with slip-resistant mesh along with customized elastic straps for more support, bringing safe sleeping hours
- Does not emit any odor, no matter how frequently one uses it
- Very comfortable to lie on for long hours
- Feels so soft that users tend to sink a bit
- Customized straps provided are quite short in length
#4. Zinus Night Therapy Memory Foam 4 Inch Pressure Relief Mattress Topper
Get rid of your old mattress today and make your sleeping conditions more pleasant with this exclusive mattress topper brought to you by Zinus. It has a solid thickness of 4 inches that keeps you cozy for a good night’s sleep. What makes it high on comfort is its 2-inch memory foam, 0.5-inch cover, which is fiber quilted, and 1.5-inch pressure relieving foam. This specialized mattress topper has been manufactured with the latest Biofoam that includes green tea extract, natural plant oil, and natural active charcoal as well. As a result, it does not emit a bad odor and instead lets you sleep peacefully.
Features and Specifications:
- Its top layer comes fiber quilted for more comfort and support
- No conventional petroleum but modern Biofoam has been used to make it more odor-free
- 4 inch thickness makes it softer, more comfortable, and pleasurable to sleep for long hours
- Extremely soft and comfortable to lie on
- Eliminates hip pain to a good extent
- Pressure point pain is relieved
- Memory foam not that dense as said
- Thickness is not 4 inches as found by some users
#5. Milliard 2-Inch Egg Crate Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Who said only medicines can cure joint pains? Milliard brings you a very trendy 2-inch thick mattress topper to lend you pure comfort and solid support while you are sleeping. Its egg crate ventilated design plays a key role in helping you relieve stress, curb joint pains, and relax muscle strains as well. Furthermore, it provides good support to your neck and shoulder, letting you stay relaxed without having any back pain. Equipped with ventilation channels and open cell technology, it regulates sleep temperature and also increases airflow to keep you cool during sleep.
Features and Specifications:
- Blending comfort and support, this mattress topper from Milliard is made with memory foam of superior quality
- Features an egg crate ventilated design that makes enough space for airflow and keeps users in utmost comfort
- Made with breathable fabric that helps to regulate sleep temperature
- Useful for people suffering from allergies as the topper is hypoallergenic and anti-microbial
- Equipped with Open Cell technology for helping people sleep in comfort
- Egg crate design makes good air circulation around the body
- Emits a bad odor that becomes intolerable sometimes for the user
- Hurts the back at times
Things to Consider Before Buying a Mattress Topper for Hip Pain
Time keeps adding responsibilities on your shoulders one after another. You gradually start receding from the world of rest and relaxation. Be it your hectic office job or undertaking all those domestic errands, your body starts having pains and does not even allow you to lie down peacefully. This is a big reason why a lot of people today has fallen prey to hip pain. Moreover, several health complications like a tendinitis hernia, hip fractures, or excessive physical labor can lead to severe pain in the hip. So, if you are one among those victims who is not having quality time in bed, getting a mattress topper can bring major improvements in one’s daily lifestyle.
If you are clueless about what factors should be considered in this respect, here are the following points to make your job easier:
- Choose the size– Just make sure that the size is not too small nor too large for your mattress. Buying an over-sized mattress topper will make you slip a lot. So, just measure the size of your bed and get a mattress topper accordingly.
- Get one with a cover – There are lots of mattress toppers that are provided with covers so that you don’t feel like sliding off or slipping while lying on your bed. Mattress toppers made of cotton are best as these don’t slide and are slip-resistant also. Therefore, no matter how frequently you move during sleep, it should always keep you in place.
- Emphasize the thickness and density – Apart from look, feel, and comfort, what is also crucial is to keep a mattress topper’s technical specifications in mind. Higher density and thickness, for instance, are a must. Those made of thick memory foam will always have higher density and thickness as that would tune in perfectly with the shape of your body.
- Check how much weight it can take – Of course, your body weight will matter a lot when you will be buying a mattress topper. Memory foams tends to compress under weight, so if you are on the heavier side, look for something designed for you weight category for the best comfort and support.
- Check your budget for the right product – You can never think of compromising your hip pain for a few pennies. Conduct thorough research to assure that you are investing in the right mattress topper with the right set of features. Talk to experts or your shopkeeper about your hip issues and look for a product that fits your budget.
Keep these vital points in mind and you will find it easier to buy a top quality mattress topper.
Our Guide for the Best Mattress Toppers for Hip Pain
Many people suffer from pain in their hip joints. Some suffer due to wrong sleeping postures, some lack the right bedding style while some are already suffering from bad health conditions. In this respect, what is important is getting an alternative that will give your body muscles the right support so that you can soon get back to your old happy days. So, the problem lies majorly in the mattress that actually keeps you in discomfort. According to experts, a mattress topper can play a key role in eliminating a good deal of your hip pain.
So, here are a few tips from our experts who will guide you in the right manner in choosing the top-selling mattress topper for hip pain. Take a look:
- Look for comfort – Comfort will help heal up your hip pain faster. So, choose to buy a mattress topper made of bamboo fiber that makes for a smooth finish. A memory foam mattress will always give you the best support.
- Look for detachable covers – When it comes to choosing a mattress topper, it is best to go for one that can be easily removed. The removable ones are quite easy to clean and maintain.
- Look for latex construction – Latex is known to be give the best support to your back. So, when you are sleeping, it would help you to stay in a very convenient position and sheer comfort.
- Look for the right support – The softer a mattress topper is, the more important it is to get a hard bed topper. Remember, you need to maintain your spine alignment and this is where a mattress topper made of foam or latex will give you incredible results.
So, you see that you have nothing to worry when there are brilliant solutions like mattress toppers for hip pain. As you have earlier read, check your bed size prior to choosing the right topper. Most importantly, the material should be the high-quality foam that will actually set your comfort level. Of course, the thickness and density will matter in judging a mattress topper because these would determine how cozy you will be while sleeping on it. Be a wise buyer and bring home a quality mattress topper for enjoyable slumbers.
Best Bed Frame For Heavy Person